If you have read more than a few posts on this website or subscribe to my newsletter, you have noticed one theme that stays consistent across everything I do: TAKE ACTION! I’m even branded as a Take Action Speaker. This is not a catch phrase or just a fun way to summarize a post, I am serious about taking action in my life! Some people knit, camp, or golf as a hobby. I Take Action!
Because of this, I have had an idea or goal list of some sort since high school. Most of these goals were never discussed with anyone and I have cleared and recreated the list many times. I recently found Thomas Frank over at College Info Geek who is doing an awesome Impossible List. He has the same mindset, but decided to make it public. I love this idea and so I created my version of that called the Take Action List.
This list will continue to evolve and contain both personal and business goals that I plan to take action on. These goals will have a clear achievement point to keep me from achieving it once and forgetting it.
- Not– Work out more. (no firm end date and is subjective)
- Instead– Compete in an obstacle race like Tough Mudder or Spartan. (either I did or I didn’t do it)
I will update the list as I complete the task by marking through it and putting a date and stats if needed.
Take Action List
Do a podcast interview– First podcast interview found here: Happen To Your Career, March 9, 2015 (awesome story)
- Do 10 podcast interviews
- Happen To Your Career, March 9, 2015
- Cracking Creativity, Not Released Yet
- Create and post an E-Course
Attend a major conference– July 2015 World Domination Summit Open a store on website– February 10,2015 MyDailyMark Store
- Write an eBook
- Get featured on a major website
- TV appearance
- Hold webinar
- 10,000 visitors a month to MyDailyMark
- 20,000 visitors a month to MyDailyMark
- Get 1,000 views on a video for MyDailyMark (already have one from my 9-5 job)
- Get to 100 Twitter Followers (Follow Me Here)
- Get to 1,000 Twitter Followers (Follow Me Here)
- Increase mailing list to 100 people
- Increase mailing list to 500 people
- Create an art exhibit with local talent
- Create a course for students to help get exposure to their desired career path
- Give out a $100+ Random and Kind tag
- Get booked to speak at a DECA conference
- Speak at a TED conference
- Speak in front of 1,000+ people
- Speak in front of 5,000+ people
- Compete in an obstacle race like Tough Mudder or Spartan
- Do 20 Pull Ups in one set
- Try paddle boarding
- Skydive again (did the first time in October 2005)
- Downsize house so we can travel more
- Take a vacation with my wife (allow Em to vacation with the grandparents)
Take Action Today
Start your own Take Action List! Keep track of what you have completed and what your short and long term goals are. Even better, make it public!